11 May 2012

Our New Baby Dylan

First off here is our new baby: Dylan Wittwer Yates
7lbs. 20 in. Born April 25, 2012
Just as perfect as can be!
Now the story of how he got here:
A few weeks ago my mother told me that my Grandmother was not doing to well and may not last much longer. I began to worry what would happen since I was due so soon. Monday April 23, my dear sweet Grandmother Viola Wittwer Squires passed away. A bittersweet moment, as she had battled Alzheimer's for the last year and a half. She now was able to go home to her dear sweet Boyd whom she has not seen for almost 18 years. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have grown up next door to my Grandmother and develop a relationship of a dear friend. My heart was full of emotions Monday and I spent the day crying reminiscing and trying to figure out what was going to happen.  My baby was due that Thursday and my Grandmother's funeral was the next Monday.  I could not miss her funeral and wanted to have this baby as soon as possible. I realized I would need to put my grief on hold and stay strong and focused on getting this baby here safely. 
Viola and Boyd on their wedding day: Best love story ever! 
 Josie and Grandma shortly before she went down hill. 
 Last picture I have with my Grandmother in February

Tues. I went to the Dr. hoping he would tell me some good news. Not so much; I was only dilated to a 2 so he stripped my membranes and scheduled me to be induced in the morning.  I was overwhelmed. I had planned and prepared myself for the last 9 months to go natural and at the last minute I was going to be induced and not likely to go natural. My Dr. told me that it is hard to go natural after being induced, and I really didn't want to get an epidural.   I felt like I didn't have any options. If I waited our baby may not come until later and I would miss the funeral. If I was induced I risked having to have an epidural and a slower recovery. Lets just say there were a lot of prayers said in my behalf. That night (Tues.) Jordan gave me a blessing which brought me peace and comfort. The next morning we dropped Josie off and headed to the Hospital. The started me on Pitocin at 10:00 am. By 5:00 that night I was only dilated to a 3. The day was long and boring. The Dr. Broke my water at 5 and then the contractions sped up and were hard. I knew when my body finally got started it would be fast and sure enough it was. Our sweet little boy entered this world just 3 hours later at 8:10. The Dr. Barely made it and after 2 pushes he was out. I was so grateful to have good nurses a good doctor and a wonderful husband that supported me so well.  I was able to do it natural with no epidural or pain medication. So much harder than with Josie but I was so much more prepared and in control of my breathing the whole time.  I attribute that to my Grandmother and all the times we practiced her weird breathing exercises. I did not cry out in pain until I started pushing. My grandmother's spirit was definitely there to help me.  
 Daddy and his precious son
 Flowers on the left from Jordan and flowers on the right from Jordan's work
 Josie and her brother: She is adjusting rather well, considering she has been sick with a nasty cold. 
 We named our son Dylan Wittwer Yates. Wittwer after my grandmother's maiden name. I thought it was only appropriate since the timing of birth and death were so close. I was able to have a quick recovery and made it up to the funeral just four days after our baby was born. The people in our ward have been so good to help with meals and with Josie. We are so grateful. The funeral was beautiful!!! My grandmother looked so beautiful and at peace. I don't think there could have been a better funeral for her. So many family and friends who loved her so much.  I will miss my grandmother so much, but have so many wonderful memories to remember and things to teach my children and pass on through the years. Thanks Grandma.
 Trying to make sure we give Josie the attention she needs. 

 My mother was able to come down and stay the week after the funeral and was such a help.

 Josie loves to help and watch us change Dylan's diaper.
 We found these strollers at a Garage sale for $1 last weekend. Josie loves them and it gives her something new to play with.
 My most cherished things in the world.

Dylan is such a good baby and we are so excited to have him. It makes the long 9 months so worth it!
Crazy emotional, happy and sad week but I am grateful for family, prayers and love from my Heavenly Father. I couldn't have done it without all the help. 

1 comment:

  1. oh Carly, I Just love you. I'm so glad that the birth went well, and sorry about your Grandma. I haven't had any of mine pass away yet, but they are going down hill a little and it is a hard thing to watch. I hope that all is going well for you!